Subject: Re: SLIP/serial driver Problem?
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/04/2004 13:54:30
> [Context: PPP]  [T]urning off LCP would be like, like turning off ARP
> on ethernet; you just don't do it.

I've done it.  (Turning off ARP on Ethernet, that is.)  I have a couple
of unusual connectivity hacks on my house LAN that involve, among other
things, hardwired ARP entries put there specifically to ensure that
hosts don't ARP for one another (largely because the address that would
be ARPed for isn't the one the other host thinks it's at).

This probably forms some kind of argument in the PPP-vs-SLIP debate,
but I'm not quite sure on which side.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign