Subject: Re: Using a NetBSD system as a WLAN access point
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/30/2003 02:44:32
On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 08:04:29AM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> In article <l03102800bbeec6e4ae38@172.16.7.4>,
> 	Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE> writes:
> > Unfortunately, the NetBSD wep is incompatible with the MacOS (9)
> > wep; a high-priority pr (19111) is open and uncommented for a year
> > now.
>
> That's bad because one of my WLAN clients is a Ti Book running Mac OS X.
>
> BTW: wi(4) has been switch to new 802.11 layer a month ago. Does that
>      perhaps fix PR kern/19111?

I wrote the code for shared-key authentication. I thought it worked,
too, but maybe I was mistaken.

BTW, I am not in the habit of reading the PR database. If people will
assign wireless PRs to me---you've got my permission---then I will get
an e-mail reminder. That does not mean I will respond in a "timely"
fashion, but at least I will be aware.

Dave