Subject: Re: PR misc/23431 (CARP)
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael Hertrick <m.hertrick@neovera.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/14/2003 07:52:25
 From the ftp url I provided earlier, download and apply
carp-111303.diff first, then apply carp-111403.diff.

carp-111403.diff contains a fix to the "IP Address already in use" problem.
        NetBSD's arp_ifinit doesn't allow the ethernet address to be
specified, so I added a function called carp_notify to if_arp.c.  It
does exactly the same thing as arp_ifinit, but allows carp to pass the
carp multicast ethernet address for the gratuitous arp.  There's got to
be a better way to do it.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Or would you
just leave it like that?

-- I get "incorrect hash" messages now, but not all the time.  I'm not
sure what the problem is.. I should start calling my mods CRAP instead
of CARP.  The hash is one part of the code I haven't spent much time on
as of yet.