Subject: Re: NFS/RPC and server clusters
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <>
From: Matthias Drochner <>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/16/2003 17:33:01 said:
> > UDP RPC calls are replied from the "node?" address, even
> > though sent to the "service1" address by the client.
> the server should be fixed, IMO.

Well, in my case, I can't. Unlikely that HP cares about it.
(as said, no other client exhibits problems)

> for the client side, i think that we can try rpcbind protocol ver.4
> or 3 first

This isn't an option for me either - the server does only v2.
(btw, __rpcb_findaddr() does some ipv6 address scope fixup
using the reply's sender address in the v4/3 case which might
lead no addresses not reachable for the client as I understand it)
I hope I'll find time for some tests next week...
(will be AFK until monday night)

best regards