Subject: Re: m_tag_nonpersistent() heads-up : still looking for shorter name.
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/14/2003 11:23:28
>Ok, fine, but I don't see how that's really relevant as to whether or
>not the change should be incorporated.  It obviously solves a major
>problem, and at least one other group has adopted it as the solution.

It isn't. And, as far as I can tell the grouyp with a pressing need
for this (apart, that is, from fixing fast-ipsec, which *is* a real
problem) isn't FreeBSD per se, but a separate FreeBSD-based project:
thats why I referred to ```*BSD groups''.  (Sam or others may correct
me on that, but that's how I see it).

I can't see any reason for dogmatic (not to say deliberately
provocative) responses to that.