Subject: Re: AutoIP
To: Noritoshi Demizu <demizu@dd.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.ru>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/12/2003 18:35:53
On Saturday 11 October 2003 20:25, Noritoshi Demizu wrote:
> Ian,
>
> I'm sorry I do not know of any implementation of AutoIP for *BSD.
> But just FYI.
>
> > ps: that's for usage in embedded LAN ready devices when no DHCP is
> > available. pps: a pdf formatted IETF draft on AutoIP can be found here
> > http://ianzag.megasignal.com/ftp/doc/std/comm/inet/RFC/draft/draft-ietf-z
> >eroconf-ipv4-linklocal-01-Apr.pdf
>
> Is this a PDF version of the following draft? (dated on Nov 24, 2000)
>  http://www.upnp.org/download/draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-01-Apr.txt
>
> If so, the following I-D is the latest (dated on Sep 29, 2003).
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-10.t
>xt

Thank you for the notice, i'v found that the version i used was "a bit" out of
date :)

Anyway, ATM i still havn't found any AutoIP implementation, just buzzes that
"Probably it was implemented somewhere in Linux/ARM land". So i'm thinking at
least to try to do it from the scratch. Trying to find out how to control ARP
level, better from userland. Any hints ? In general, IMO AutoIP's algs are
prety simple, just need to send and receive some/all ARP packets.

// wbr

--
JSC Novosibirsk Geophysical Equipment Development Center.
WEB	http://www.megasignal.com