Subject: AutoIP
To: None <>
From: Ian Zagorskih <>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/09/2003 21:51:28
Hi all,

I'm looking for simple AutoIP daemon for NetBSD (v1.6.1/i386). Seems like
there are no 3d party implementations in pkgsrc/net tree and this isn't
supported natively by kernel. At least i havn't found it :) Any ideas about
AutoIP support under NetBSD ? Does anybody needs it at all except me ?

ps: that's for usage in embedded LAN ready devices when no DHCP is available.
pps: a pdf formatted IETF draft on AutoIP can be found here

// wbr

Even while I'v asked this question in netbsd-users, I guess tech-net is a
proper group for this. Though at that moment i had no access here so sorry
for duplicate postings.

JSC Novosibirsk Geophysical Equipment Development Center.