Subject: m_tag_nonpersistent() heads-up : still looking for shorter name.
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/07/2003 13:30:43
Some months  back I posted diffs to add an

	m_tag_delete_nonpersistent(struct mbuf *m);

to strip ``persistent'' packet tags at appropriate points (transiting
through if_loop; reusing ICMP input packets as ICMP outputs, etc).

Other *BSD groups are picking up the change and the same name.  I will
post patches here after another round of reviews. (For the record,
Itojun's objection to this approach has been heard; nevertheless I
propose to go with the m_tag_delete_nonpersisent() design).

If anyone can think of a better (shorter) name, this is the last
chance to suggest one, before m_tag_delete_nonpersistent() gets
frozen, for compatibility with other *BSD efforts.