Subject: Re: [bsd-wireless] Re: rate adaptation for BSD
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/17/2003 22:26:30
On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 07:17:32PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 08:18  PM, David Young wrote:
>
> >I have added rate adaptation for 802.11b APs and clients to wi.
> >The performance of host APs will be especially improved. I have
> >attached
> >patches in the hope of getting a some review and testing.
>
> Do you have an updated version of this patch?  I finally have time to
> play with it, but the patch doesn't apply to current sources.

The short answer is, "no."

I broke rate adaptation before I started on the ath port, and it does
not make sense to try to fix it until I have finished importing Sam's
802.11-layer enhancements, porting ath, and writing my portion of a
wireless grant proposal. I can send you a second broken patch, now,
or a fixed patch no fewer than three weeks from now. *sigh*

Dave