Subject: Re: Internet with Modem OLITEC USB ADSL V3 and PPPoA under Netbsd ?
To: Manuel Bouyer <>
From: Vincent Jardin <>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/17/2003 21:44:57
Le Mercredi 17 Septembre 2003 19:59, Manuel Bouyer a =E9crit :
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 11:18:21AM +0200, wrote:
> > hello again,
> > there is a linux driver from olitec for mandrak and redhat edition.
> > is it possible to use them in NetBSD 1.6.1 i386 ?
> > you can see about them to :
> > thank's.
> It's sources, so it should be possible to port them
> But it'll require some work.

This driver is not the Olitec's one. It is a generic Conexant driver. There=
are 2 parts with the Conexant driver:
  - the OS layer that is OpenSource
  - the firmware (CnxE2Fw.bin). I have noticed that this firmware is based =
VxWorks 5.4.2
Maybe a port of the OpenSource part can be written, however I am not sure t=
it would be possible to distribute freely the firmware part (event in a=20
binary form).=20