Subject: Re: verisign *.net action
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/16/2003 23:40:25
Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:

>	do we want this (quickhack) patch into our BIND8?
>	http://achurch.org/bind8-verisign-patch.txt

Although Verisign's recent actions are amazingly stupid, irresponsible,
anti-competitive, etc...  I think that we should wait a few days
and see if they can either be convinced to stop or better if they
can be forcefully removed from the role which allows them to behave
in this fashion.

I think that the patch also doesn't completely address the issue,
since most users run a release version and we can't effectively
play catch-up by hard-coding signle addresses into -current.

(The tempation being [of course] to just blackhole all the addresses
owned by verisign...  :-)

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/