Subject: Re: Tracing ppp sessions
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/12/2003 14:11:29
> I'm having problems with fetching certain mail items from one of my pop3
> servers.  Basically the pop3 connection locks solid at a reproducible
> point in a particular message.  Re-run fetchmail and it will stop at the
> same offset in the same message - even if you clear some of the earlier
> messages by using -e.

I now think this is my ISPs fault.  Persuading them could be tricky though.

If I turn off TCP timestamps then the 'bad' email can be retrieved.
If course this might just be because the data changes...
I don't think this is a MSS problem either - the packet I'm not seeing
should be shorter than the first packet of the message.

How long has NetBSD been requesting TCP timestamps by default?

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk