Subject: Re: two vlan questions
To: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/21/2003 22:08:24
On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 07:23:29PM +0200, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> Hi -
> I'm just getting the vlan support in the 3c990 "txp" to work,
> and found 2 problems with ETHERCAP_VLAN_HWTAGGING:
> [...]
> -tcpdump at the underlying interface doesn't show the tags. Should
>  be synthesized at the bpf layer, or what?

Well, the same issue also exists with HW checksums. outgoing packets
appears with incorrect checksums on BPF.
For checkums I don't think BPF should fix this, it would cost too much.
tags may be easier to fix, but maybe there's some other way to fix it.
For example, we could pass the tag value in bpf_hdr

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>