Subject: Re: IPv4 link-local address and noisy logs
To: Mihai CHELARU <kefren@netbastards.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/18/2003 02:48:00
>Why is arplookup() running if the host is not a connected network ? I just
>can't imagine any scenario that doesn't involvs an arp server.

	i was talking about the case where hosts are connected to a network,
	where IPv4 address from DHCP server is sold out (such as, connecting
	20 hosts into /28 network).  there could be other cases, such as
	machines with ethernet switch but not an outgoing router/dhcp server.
	(no outgoing connectivity, no address assigned).  read IPv4 link-local

	for more details draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-08.txt should be
	helpful.

itojun