Subject: Re: Fw: Re: tcp connections lost on interface down
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/17/2003 04:01:22
>> It is?  What does it mean to have a connection for which the address
>> on "your" end no longer belongs to you?
> [...] [I]n practice this is extremely useful, as very frequently, the
> address that has just been deleted comes back again very soon after

Hmm, good point.  I really should have been able to think of that
myself.  Thank you.

Now, though, I have to wonder what to do when an address _does_ go away
"permanently" and thus connections to it _should_ break.  Or is the
theory that that's rare enough to not be worth doing anything about?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign