Subject: Re: ppp(4) made clonable
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/13/2003 21:54:16
Le Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:40:24 +0200
Martin Husemann a ecrit :
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 03:55:50PM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> > Maybe there is a good reason for this situation, maybe not. I'm sure
> > someone here will tell me.
>
> There is not realy, besides some small interactions with pppd.
> See also PRs kern/14821 ... 14823 (the latter is obsolete now).

Ah, well, I knew I couldn't possibly be the first to make such a change; I
didn't googled on 'clonified' though.

However, my patch is slightly more complete and handles pppd behaviour,
except for that hard-coded ppp0 test access. Couldn't it be removed, maybe
with a more explicit message if TIOCSETD(pppdisc) returns ENXIO?

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.