Subject: Re: brconfig troubles after applying SA2003-011 (xs4)
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Rogier Krieger <rogier@virgiel.nl>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/07/2003 16:48:47
Hi Ignatios,

thanks for the reply. Trying to make the includes did the trick, although
I had to remove the USETOOLS=no from the command line.

I had similar problems trying to perform the top-level cleandir using
USETOOLS=no, as it gave the following error:

cleandir ===> gnu/lib/libg2c
USETOOLS=no, but this component requires a version-specific host toolchain
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/src/gnu/lib/libg2c

I received this error on a freshly checked-out source, after performing
'make obj' and './build.sh -t' to make the object directories and toolchain.

Removing the 'USETOOLS=no' option seems to avoid these errors.

Using a regular cleandir (without USETOOLS=no) works fine, just
as it always has. Any idea why the the 'toolless' try failed? I did
have my toolchain built (to my current kernel version) using
[ ./build.sh -t ]. I noticed - due to SA2003-010 - that my kernel
version went up to 1.6.1_STABLE from 1.6_STABLE, so I
rebuilt my toolchain to incorporate that change.

Sorry for my late reply. Checking out the CVS sources took longer
than I had expected. I figured it be best to check any advice against
a clean set of sources (so as to be sure I didn't mess anything up)

Cheers,

Rogier Krieger

Previous Correspondence from Ignatios Souvatzis (received 11:03 7-8-2003
+0200):