Subject: brconfig troubles after applying SA2003-011 (xs4)
To: NetBSD tech-net list <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Rogier Krieger <rogier@virgiel.nl>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/07/2003 05:43:35
Hi everyone,

while trying to rebuild the libc-based binaries after applying the realpath
advisory fixes, I seem to find a broken brconfig.

Upon running 'make USETOOLS=no cleandir dependall' in [ /usr/src/sbin/ ],
make starts its magic on the brconfig program and then quits as follows:

dependall ===> brconfig
mkdep -a    /usr/src/sbin/brconfig/brconfig.c
cc -O2  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wno-uninitialized -Wreturn-type -Wpointer-arith -Wswitch -Wshadow  -Werror
   -c /usr/src/sbin/brconfig/brconfig.c
/usr/src/sbin/brconfig/brconfig.c: In function `show_interfaces':
/usr/src/sbin/brconfig/brconfig.c:430: structure has no member named
`ifbr_path_cost'
/usr/src/sbin/brconfig/brconfig.c: In function `cmd_ifpathcost':
/usr/src/sbin/brconfig/brconfig.c:793: structure has no member named
`ifbr_path_cost'
/usr/src/sbin/brconfig/brconfig.c:795: `BRDGSIFCOST' undeclared (first use
in this function)
/usr/src/sbin/brconfig/brconfig.c:795: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
/usr/src/sbin/brconfig/brconfig.c:795: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/src/sbin/brconfig
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/src/sbin/brconfig
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/src/sbin

Digging through the various CVS versions, it seems that my v1.1.2.1 of the
brconfig.c
file (with tag: $NetBSD: brconfig.c,v 1.1.2.1 2003/06/30 03:13:19 grant Exp
$) seems
to have changed recently to deal with just these path-cost functions. It
changed from
version v1.6 to v1.1.2.1. This may of course be perfectly logical, but I
wonder whether
it is correct? My knowledge of CVS is quite limited, so unfortunately I
cannot be
any more specific than that the problem appears in [
/usr/src/sbin/brconfig/brconfig.c ]

If the versioning is correct, would anyone know which other dependency I
may have
forgotten in order to allow brconfig to compile properly.

Any insight (preferably also CC'ed - so that I can fill any gaps in my
story if needed)
is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rogier Krieger