Subject: Re: 802.11 vs. NFS?
To: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
From: Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/06/2003 18:04:25
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 13:26:35 -0400
Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com> wrote:

> Folks:
> 	Anybody out there have good experience running NFS over 802.11?

Yes, version3 over TCP and UDP. I've used it for a long time mostly to
stream audio over prism cards, as well as for swap, src/ and pkgsrc/ on
my ibm z50. This has been with NetBSD hosts on both ends, as well as a
freebsd hostap machine at one distant point. I have never had to deviate
from default mount parameters.

>	The AP is an
> 	Apple Airport.  Right now I'm not doing either WEP or IPSec over
> 	802.11 but plan on doing the latter, so I'd be even more
> 	interested if folks have any experience with that.

I've always used manual keyed ipsec and have had no issues. I used to
use WEP and eventually ipsec with a freebsd hostap and that worked fine
as well.

-Steve