Subject: RouteD problem.
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@liveround.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/30/2003 11:49:46
Perhaps I should just subscribe to this list...

I'm using NetBSD 1.6.1. Two NICs - one (public) hooked to a SDSL router,
the other (NAT-private) to a Cisco 4840G switch. Several branches hook
to the public side via IPSec - works great. Several branches hook to a
Cisco 3661 router via Frame that also attaches to the 4840G. Works great.

Recently, I decided to try using routed to run RIP over the VPN networks
for failover. All seemed to be working well. However, after a system
reboot due to moving the computer room, the NetBSD system would start
talking to the 3661, then stop, claiming it was down. When I killed
routed, and reset the manual routes, everything went back to normal.

Why is routed marking my 3661 down? Any clues, where to look? Please CC: