Subject: Re: atw driver and Host-AP mode
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/27/2003 13:08:53
On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 12:32:52AM +0900, NOGUCHI Hiroshi wrote:
> I like to use my "atw" 802.11b card as hostap mode, to configure as
> 802.11b and Ethernet bridge.

  I am moving this to tech-net@, where it is more appropriate.

  The manual should say that atw does not support host AP mode, yet.
  Doesn't it? I have left the mode in the media options so that it is
  easy for people to try to add host AP mode, but neither the state
  machine nor the register settings are quite right.

  I will commit the sources which resulted from my experiments with
  adding host AP mode. A "hidden" AP (one that sends no beacons) might
  be possible, but the ADM8211 has a bad habit of reduplicating Probe
  Lucent cards are not patient enough to wait for 48 retransmissions
  before sending an Authentication Request; they just give up. I did
  get another atw to associate with an atw hidden AP, however.

Dave