Subject: Re: ALTQ and pppoe
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Andrzej Szeszo <aszeszo@o2.pl>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/08/2003 13:44:53
Hello Martin,

Monday, July 7, 2003, 9:38:42 AM, you wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 01:40:40PM +0900, Kenjiro Cho wrote:
>> Could you try the following patch?

> IIRC he said he is using "pppoe0" - which means pppd and tun* are not involved.
Yes, I'm using pppoe0 not tun* interface. Possibly patch from OpenBSD
will allow regular ppp users to use ALTQ (via somewhat outdated
userppp port prom pkgsrc).

> If you would describe to me (off list) what needs to be done by a
> pseudo-interface driver in order for ALTQ to work I could have a look at it.
> Or have a look at sys/net/if_pppoe.c and sys/net/if_spppsubr.c and tell me
> what is missing ;-}
I can see that FIONREAD ioctl is not covered in in if_pppoe.c. Maybe
it is the reason pppoe and ALTQ doesn't work together?

--
Best regards,
 Andrzej