Subject: Re: Try again, itojun, patches need more work.
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Darren Reed <avalon@caligula.anu.edu.au>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/30/2003 16:36:02
In some mail from itojun@iijlab.net, sie said:

> >> 	if you have comments to pf code itself, talk to pf people via
> >> 	tech@openbsd or misc@openbsd (don't shoot the messenger).
> >
> >We're discussing code that's being imported into NetBSD, not changes
> >for OpenBSD.
> >
> >Are you somehow implying that we 'cannot' change the code once in
> >NetBSD if it makes it different to OpenBSD ?
>
> 	no, but i don't think too much of diverging code will become maintenance
> 	headache.  so sending comment to original author is better than fixing
> 	problem locally and not telling the original author.

And I should care about code divergence .... because ?

I care 1st and foremost about NetBSD - you've stated you want to
change NetBSD "now" out of convienience for your work with KAME.

I don't see why I need to discuss code changes for NetBSD with
OpenBSD people - they definately don't seem interested in working
the other way.  I don't envy you being "in the middle" but that
seems to be where you want to be.

Darren