Subject: Re: diskless.8 has been massively revised; please review
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/22/2003 01:17:06
At 10:09 AM +0200 5/22/03, Martin Husemann wrote:

>Looks good, minor nits: there is a "DHCP is an extension of BOOTP"
>paragraph that is present twice - is that intended?

Yes, that was intended.

>There is no mention of PXE - I don't know anything about PXE, but I'd
>expected it to be mentioned in this page nowadays ;-)

I don't know much about PXE either, save that it is i386 specific,
and thus ought to be in the man8.i386/boot.8 man page. I do mention
that some "BIOSes" support netbooting...

>Maybe you should add an exaple for the "next-server" option in the
>DHCP config example (when dhcp server != NFS server).

Is that how that works? I've always tried to keep the
RARP/DHCP/BOOTP/bootparams server and the NFS server as the same
system to avoid a whole class of problems.

Perhaps you can suggest text?

	Erik <fair@netbsd.org>