Subject: diskless.8 has been massively revised; please review
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/22/2003 00:11:20
In order to answer PR 5885 which complained about the lack of
documentation for how to netboot a system with DHCP (as opposed to
RARP/RPC bootparams, which was documented), I've done a pretty
extensive revision of this man page. I'd appreciate it if it got
review from the members of this mailing list.

In addition, after pondering the issue at some length, I believe
it is important for the MD boot.8 man pages to contain the specific
protocols, DHCP options, parameters, etc., to netboot each platform
that supports netbooting. I already took a quick poke at that
problem with the alpha boot.8, and I hope others will take on the
other platforms that can be netbooted directly from system firmware
(e.g. SPARC, Shark, Sun-3).

	Erik <fair@netbsd.org>