Subject: Port of Sam Leffler's rework of opencrypto framework
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/14/2003 21:01:49
ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/incoming/jonathan/netbsd-opencrypto-0.2.tgz
contains a tarball containing a port of Sam Leffler's rework of
OpenBSD's crypto framework.

The code has been reviewed by Sam Leffler, and I beleive Jason Thorpe
has looked at it.  The software-only crypto code has been tested
extensively (i've run it on a -current laptop for several weeks,
running overnight stress-tests).

Aside from whether to follow FreeBSD /sys/opencrypto naming or OpenBSD
/sys/crypto, the code is pretty much ready to import. Unless there are
strong objections, I'd like to commit to one or other name early next
week. (I have work on crypto accelerators for IPsec and SSL, which
depend on the crypto framework; and I'd like to make more progress on
the port of Sam's ``Fast-IPsec'' code, which requires the crypto framework.

BTW, if anyone (Jason?) has strong opinions on the iov vs. uio code
for userspae ioctl requests, please let me know.

--Jonathan Stone