Subject: Re: Non-IPSec Processing Point for ipf
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/17/2003 11:34:46
    >>> block in log on ex0_noipsec all head 110
    >> Maybe it can be made slightly more general by adding canonical
    >> tap/filter
    >> only interfaces and making "tap0" attach to "ex0" at tap point "noipsec"
    >> with a userland utility and then

    itojun> 	additional interface breaks IPv6 scoping.  please don't do
    itojun> 	that.

  Yes, you've said this many times in the past.

  I agree that it is an issue for IPv6. It is not for IPv4.

  I would like to get past this. Can't we create an interface that has an
extremely local scope (a la loopback), or some other "undefined" scope?