Subject: Re: [Fwd: scsi card]
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Rene Burke <reneb@cat.co.za>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/15/2003 14:41:47
Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Rene Burke wrote:

>>I was wondering if any one has used the "Adaptec 3920D-R " SCSI card
>>with NetBSD 1.51 or 1.6. This card is to be used for a mass storage Easy
>>Raid system. On my system the kernel picks up the device but does not
>>configure it. Is this card supported by Netbsd?
>>

> ...unless you know exactly what model controller IC the card uses...we
> would need to see the output of kernel dmesg.  can you boot install media,
> config the network, and copy the ouput.
>
> Did you search the mailing list archives?
>
> -lava

Hi Brian

The controller IC has a white sticker  on it with the following
ASC-39320D Nr

dmesg output:

Adaptec (2nd PCI Vender ID) product 0x8091 (RAID mass storage, revision
0x03) at pci2 dev 10 function 0 not configured.
Adaptec (2nd PCI Vender ID) product 0x8011 (RAID mass storage, revision
0x03) at pci2 dev 10 function 1 not configured.

 > can you boot install media,
 > config the network, and copy the ouput.
I'm not to sure what you mean by "boot install media"

 > Did you search the mailing list archives?
Yes I did a search on Adaptec 3920D-R and I got no results.

Cheers Rene