Subject: Re: Ethernet card suggestions
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/11/2003 11:47:31
I too have had very good luck with the Intel cards. I've had equally
good luck with Broadcom-derived cards. Which one I'd use depends on
several factors (jumbo frames required? checksum assist needed?  vlan
support *and* checksum assist?  3.3v 64-bit slot available
[required for pro/1000MT, iirc]).

Personally, I'd probably buy an Netgear GA-302T over a new ``brand
name'' 10/100 card, the Pro/1000MT if I had a free 3.3v slot and
didn't have a current requirement for jumbo frames; and a 3c996B-T or
bvm5703 solution otherwise.

Unless Jason added jumbo frames to if_wm, and I missed it?