Subject: Re: PPP Stac LZS decompressor for NetBSD 1.6
To: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/06/2003 13:31:06
On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Iain Hibbert wrote:

>    I wrote a decompressor for PPP using the Stac LZS algorithm, its at
> <http://homepages.rya-online.net/plunky/lzs.html> and has been working
> well for me for some time without any problems..

That's pretty cool. Even with one history buffer, you should be able
to get +14% for large plain text/html/uuencoded downloads, an obvious
trick that none of the presently available compression systems seems
to have hit upon. Unfortunatly, I have to turn off CCP to connect to
the only dial-up server I currently use, so I don't think it would
help me, but I'd still hate to see this buried in the mailing list.
Would you mind filing a problem report, so at least it stays visible
until someone picks it up?

Frederick