Subject: Re: Building IP-login (ipfw or what)
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/04/2003 18:06:43
On Fri, 04 Apr 2003, Petter Lindquist wrote:
> > Let me rephrase. What is "IP-login"?
>
> You get IP number from dhcp. Your traffic is blocked in the router
> until you have successfully logged in. Preferably via a web page where
> to you are automatically redirected until you've logged in.

You could probably implement this using ipf "pass" rules for packets
from IP addresses that are authorised, and one or more of ipf
"fastroute", ipf "dup-to", or ipnat "rdr" rules if you don't just want
to drop packets from unauthorised IP addresses.  But working out the
details is likely to be tricky.

--apb (Alan Barrett)