Subject: Re: Intel i82544EI 1000BASE-T Ethernet problem
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/13/2003 11:46:09
On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 01:16:17PM -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

 > Yes!  That fixed it.  How come I can't use the media option though?  Seems
 > like it should work if I set it manually to what auto sets it to anyway.  I
 > even tried mediaopt fdx so it should have been exactly the same.

Well.. Gig-E basically requires Nway autonegotiation in order to function
at all.  And the way our manual media settings work disables autonegotiation.

One of these days I'll fix that, but it's not exactly high on my list of
priorities :-)

 > Anyway, thanks.  I guess I owe you another beer when I am back there this
 > year.  :-)

Hehe, hopefully Magnolia will still have the Weekapaugh Gruit on cask
when you swing through :-)