Subject: Re: wi hostap mode
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/07/2003 17:09:33
David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>  wrote:
 >   This is more remarkable than you might think.  wi(4) is programmed
 >   to comply strictly with Murphy's Law: it is virtually guaranteed not
 >   to work at trade conventions, at user's group meetings, or anywhere a
 >   poor performance could badly damage the good reputation of NetBSD or
 >   its developers.

Strangely, I had the opposite experience.  I was giving a presentation
down in the bay area and on a lark, tried to get a wireless connection.
I dhcp'd an address from a local provider, paid my $5.00 and had
internet access. I was then able to build magicpoint and convert my
powerpoint slides to magicpoint, and then hookup to an LCD projector
to give my presentation. Then at the end of the presentation, I
connected to a machine in Sweden to give a Weasel demo via my wireless
connection, to a room of about 100 people.

I was quite pleased but had to act matter-of-fact.

---
Real PC Serial console & remote reset - The PC Weasel! http://www.realweasel.com