Subject: Re: wi hostap mode
To: None <>
From: David Young <>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/07/2003 17:35:15
On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 01:20:12PM -0800, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> Last night at the San Diego BSD User's Group meeting, we poped a wavelan
> card in my laptop running 1.6N, someone told me the commands to type, and
> the laptop just came up as an access point!

  This is more remarkable than you might think.  wi(4) is programmed
  to comply strictly with Murphy's Law: it is virtually guaranteed not
  to work at trade conventions, at user's group meetings, or anywhere a
  poor performance could badly damage the good reputation of NetBSD or
  its developers.

David Young             OJC Technologies      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933