Subject: RE: IPv4-mapped IPv6 IP bind()ing problems...
To: None <>
From: icmps <>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/07/2003 07:51:02
Heh... I thought so too, but:

$ sysctl net.inet6.ip6.v6only
net.inet6.ip6.v6only = 0

$ ./test
test:  yes
test: bind=-1: Can't assign requested address
test: connect=-1: Connection refused

the yes just says the IN6_IS_ADDR_V4MAPPED(&var.sin6_addr) was true...

also, the port I htons() is just for testing purposes... the connect()
should return ECONNREFUSED :/ but as you can see, the bind returns
EADDRNOTAVAIL w/ the v6only sysctl as 0. heh

my uname:
Jan 22 15:28:11 EST 2003 i386

And I have INET6 in my kernel + use gif tunneling for ipv6 connectivity
(works great other than this little issue lol)