Subject: Re: illegal network routes and a ponderance
To: None <>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/19/2003 18:31:16
>>   Call me crazy, but I'm certain that I've done:

>>     route add -host -iface fxp0
>>     route add default

I've tried similar things, and I find that I can't do that, but that
provided I have a default route in place, I _can_ add other network
routes through "foreign" hosts for which I've added an interface route.
But if the default route isn't there, routes pointing to foreign hosts
don't work.

I have no idea why this is.  As people who are still paying attention
to this thread have probably gathered, I don't really see why any of it
works in the first place....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML