Subject: Re: bpf write() to local host
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Joel Wilsson <joelw@unix.se>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/21/2003 19:39:40
On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 05:40  pm, der Mouse wrote:
>> Back to the original issue, there is no problem using locally
>> administered MAC address for a 2nd card in a sun box.
>
> ...except convincing the driver to use it.
>
> Or does -current have some uniform way to do that now?  As of
> ifconfig.8 1.53 (the most current I have at ready hand), I don't see
> any option for it - perhaps it's not in ifconfig.

Would you like to do something like this?
ifconfig en0 link 00:03:93:ce:11:32

I think I can throw together a patch for ifconfig to enable that...
but I seem to recall there already is a way to change the MAC
address. Or maybe that was in some other BSD. I couldn't find
anything about it in ifconfig.c either.

//joelw