Subject: Re: bpf write() to local host
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/19/2003 11:26:06
>> i haven't skimmed the patch, but i believe the "standard" solution to
>> this problem is to tell simh to use a second ethernet adapter in the
>> host machine.  i can certainly ping (or mount nfs volumes from) my
>> laptop from the simulator running on my laptop if i have two nics in
>> it.
>
>Hum, reading the sources I can't see how adding a second NIC would help.
>Maybe it's hardware-dependant ? Does ifconfig have the SIMPLEX flag
>for the ethernet you use with simh ?

it's much simpler than that.  the "host" operating system uses one nic
to talk to things, and you "ifconfig up" the other interface so that
simh-vax can use it as the emulated nic.  then the "host" and the
"vax" can simply talk via the hub/switch in your network
configuration.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."