Subject: Re: resolver library thread safety
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/18/2003 10:13:48

		:
> 	you are looking at the wrong code.

Ah, I see.
The init() function call does the trick. I missed that part of the
code in previous message. Thanks for the correction.

But It seems we still cannot just use the IRS library, because it
lacks some features that nsswitch (we, SVR4, Solaris and Linux) have.
For example, nsswitch can be configured as either CONTINUE or RETURN
for TRY_AGAIN and UNAVAIL cases. But IRS can only act as CONTINUE
for those cases. Right?

IRS has some features that nsswitch doesn't have, though.
e.g. "merge" feature for group database.
--
soda