Subject: Re: VLAN + bridging problems
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Dobromir Montauk <dmontauk@rescomp.berkeley.edu>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/05/2002 15:32:37
> This doesn't seem to be related to NetBSD.
It's not.  But my guess is that the NetBSD VLAN driver, like the Linux
driver, should strip off the VLAN tag before doing anything else - for
example forwarding the packet through a bridge...  In Linux, supposedly,
there's a special option to turn this "feature" on/off.  I was hoping
NetBSD had the same thing.

> Nothing, this all looks fine. I may have to setup a confiuration like that
> in the future, I'll have time to investigate (unless someone else does it
> before :)
So this isn't a known problem?  Is there anyone familiar with VLAN +
bridging I could contact?

Thanks,
Dobromir Montauk
System Administrator
Office of Residential Computing, UC Berkeley