Subject: Re: linux emul & net config
To: None <>
From: Frank van der Linden <>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/29/2002 00:51:51
On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 08:44:33AM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> 	by default, linux AF_INET6 socket accepts IPv4 traffic via IPv4 mapped
> 	address.  netbsd disables it by default.
> 	the following diff should automagically configures linux-emulation
> 	sockets to accept IPv4 traffic via IPv4 mapped address.
> 	i'm not an emulation guy, so i need someone to review this.
> 	specifically error handling.

This looks like it won't work. You're assigning kernel space pointers
to a syscall arg structure, and the system call will expect them
to be in userspace. That's why emulations use stackgap_alloc.

I wouldn't call sys_*, but a function one or more levels below that.

- Frank

Frank van der Linden
Quality NetBSD Development, Support & Service.