Subject: Re: kern/3508 bug: cached ip route and interface up/down.
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/20/2002 00:13:23
> However, it does not catch all cases; in particular, it does not catch
> the case where the original of the cached route is deleted.  (This
> *might* not be an issue, if I missed something in the invalidation code
> and it does manage to invalidate the cached route.)

This all reminds me of a problem in vxworks (based on an old bsd
stack) where an NFS mount would 'lock' a routing table entry for
a specific host, causing grief when the interface was deleted
and an entirely different network created (different default
route and nameserver as well as everything else).

Whether the current netbsd stack has the same feature is
open to experiments.....

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk