Subject: Re: switching from bind8 to bind9
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/16/2002 02:03:53
	(somehow it did not go out, so resend - if you see duplicates, sorry!)

	i propose to switch to BIND9 once BIND 9.2.2 gets released.
	ftp://ftp.itojun.org/pub/misc/netbsd-bind9.shar is the reachover
	Makefiles for 9.2.2rc1.  bind9 distribution should go into dist/bind9.

	issues:
	- should we install any of the headers/libraries shipped with BIND9
	  into /usr/lib, /usr/include or whatever?  i bet we don't need to.
	- there's no way to disable DNSSEC (= crypto) portion, it seems.
	  we may need to disable the whole bind9 tree if MKCRYPTO=no.

itojun