Subject: Re: kern/3508 bug: cached ip route and interface up/down.
To: None <,,>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/13/2002 01:53:55
> Unless I'm mistaken, glancing over rtrequest1(), I think the code
> already does this.  When the more specific route is deleted, the
> rt_entry referenced by the cache has its RTF_UP cleared and this is
> noticed in ip_output().

I'm not so sure.  How is the cached route located and where is its
RTF_UP cleared?  The route being deleted has its RTF_UP cleared, but
that's not the one ipforward_rt points to; unless the route is to a /32
or the packet is to the all-0 host portion, it can't be - the cached
route always has the exact /32 as its destination.

...Or Am I Missing Something?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML