Subject: Intel Gigabit 0x100e not configured
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Petter Lindquist <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/02/2002 09:50:32
Hi!

Just got new computer at work. Dell optiplex GX260. With onboard intel
gigabit with id 0x100e. Our wm driver supports no more than 0x100d so far.
I read that the fbsd em-driver supports this chip. How far are we from
porting/rewriting that one? Is there something I could do? (No, I don't
even know where to start looking. Just adding the device id to the driver
didn't help.)

Adding another NIC could "solve" the problem, but that's not a nice
solution.

There are some other unconfigured devices on this one too. Intel AC97
audio and some kind of Serial SMBus what that now could be...

--=20
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
          telnet://mumindalen.astrakan.hig.se