Subject: ALTQ Error
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Diego Linke - GAMK <gamk@gamk.com.br>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/25/2002 15:01:48
Hi,

I compile (kernel and userland) NetBSD 1.6_STABLE today :-)

The config file of kernel have this options for ALTQ:

options         ALTQ            #alternate queueing
options         ALTQ_CBQ        #class based queueing
options         ALTQ_WFQ        #weighted fair queueing
options         ALTQ_FIFOQ      #fifo queueing
options         ALTQ_RED        #random early detection
options        ALTQ_FLOWVALVE  #flowvalve for RED (needs RED)
options         ALTQ_RIO        #triple red for diffserv (needs RED)
options        ALTQ_LOCALQ     #local use
options         ALTQ_HFSC       #hierarchical fair service curve
options        ALTQ_ECN        #ecn extention to tcp (needs RED)
options        ALTQ_IPSEC      #check ipsec in IPv4
options         ALTQ_CDNR       #diffserv traffic conditioner
options        ALTQ_BLUE       #blue by wu-chang feng
options         ALTQ_PRIQ       #priority queue
options        ALTQ_NOPCC      #don't use processor cycle counter
options        ALTQ_DEBUG      #for debugging

CAUTION: I not having INET6 options in my config kernel.i (My kernel not suport IPv6 protocol).

The /etc/altq.conf (for testing):

interface ne0 bandwidth 10M cbq
class cbq ne0 root NULL pbandwidth 100

# meta classes
class cbq ne0 ctl_class root pbandwidth 10 control

# CBQ/TYPE, Iface, Name, Parent/Null
class cbq ne0 fast_class root borrow pbandwidth 70
filter ne0 fast_class 0 0 0 53 17 # dns
filter ne0 fast_class 0 0 0 53 6 # dns
filter ne0 fast_class 0 0 0 22 6 # ssh
filter ne0 fast_class 0 22 0 0 6 # ssh

class cbq ne0 slow_class root borrow pbandwidth 15 default

When i execute altqd, i get two errors:

athenas# Oct 25 13:52:26 athenas altqd[237]: syscall error: add filter failed!: Invalid argument
Oct 25 13:52:26 athenas altqd[237]: can't add ctl class IPv6 filter on interface 'ne0'
athenas#

Somebody have a idea ?

Thanks

--