Subject: Re: SACK?
To: Ravi Ramamirtham <ramamirtham@process.com>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@selresearch.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/07/2002 14:26:36
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 14:00:05 -0400
Ravi Ramamirtham <ramamirtham@process.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>      Is there a complete implementation of SACK available from NetBSD? Also,
> what other TCP enhancement options are currently supported?

Ummm, nope.  The PSC guys who did lots and lots of the early work on
SACK used NetBSD for much of their stuff, and the patches are probably
still available.  This was back in the NetBSD 1.3 timeframe, so it'd
probably be challanging to port to NetBSD-current.  I had these patches
working at one point and they seemed to work fine.  I don't think that
they were really ready to be imported as-is, though.  See:

	http://www.psc.edu/networking/tcp.html

NetBSD 1.6 does support adjustable initial window sizes and New Reno.

Kevin
kml@selresearch.net