Subject: Re: ideas on how to get dhclient to set system time and use other
To: NetBSD Networking Technical Discussion List <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/27/2002 20:12:05
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Is this something that should be fed back through ISC, or are such
> features too platform dependent to worry about going that route?

IIRC dhclient calls a platform specific script which is in
/etc/dhclient-script on NetBSD. This script is responsible for frobbing
the data from DHCP into the system. As an example, see how
/etc/resolv.conf is managed.

Now you can either use some hooks (see the script), or change the script.
I think in the long run, having the script accept more options is a bonus,
and should also be fed back to ISC (or NetBSD? Dunno if we're in sync
there!)

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html