Subject: IP perfs slower with 1.6 ?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/24/2002 22:00:47
Hi,
so today I upgraded ftp.fr.netbsd.org from 1.5.2+ to 1.6. Back home I tried
ftp'ing from it. I used to max my DSL bandwith, and dowmload from here
at about 61KB/s. Now I seem to be limited to something like 55KB/s.
I'm not the only one downloading from the server, but
there is plenty of free CPU and disk bandwith on both ends, and on the
previous downloads I did I was not alone on the server either.
I can ftp from a 1.5.3 host on the same segment at full speed, so it doesn't
looks like a network issue in the path. Ping -c100 on both hosts gives
similar results, with RTT average marginally smaller for ftp.fr.netbsd.org.
Did someone else notice this ?
I didn't notice differences in sysctl settings ...

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>