Subject: SMTP AUTH (sendmail sasl) LDAP?
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Stephen M. Jones <email@example.com>
Date: 08/28/2002 12:09:54
Hi .. Has anyone has any luck getting this setup?
* built & installed cyrus-sasl
* build & installed sendmail with USE_SASL (-DSASL)
* defined an authfile in sendmail.cf
* setup authfile with a test acct.
* ran sendmail -bd -q30m, connected to 25 and did an 'ehlo'
250 AUTH CRAM-MD5 PLAIN
I've tried using a few 'mail' clients that support SMTP AUTH and have
had no luck.
Another way to do this is with LDAP, correct? I also need to share a
password and group file between other machines .. what are the other